Dec 12, 2009

Brick Paver Repairs for Spring

Brick Pavers

In the Midwest, the ground is beginning to freeze and Brick Paver Repairs will have to wait until Spring. I have put away my tools and will concentrate now on marketing my brick paver repair services for the Ann Arbor area. I will also spend my time analyzing the reasons for brick paver repairs and the best solutions for avoiding future repairs costs to clients. Not only at my own home, but at other clients paver installations I will observe the effects of winter freeze thaw cycles and erosion from Spring rains. This physical feedback will allow me to recommend brick paver and modular retaining wall design and installation techniques that will reduce the need for repairs.

After 28 years of designing, installing, repairing, and cleaning & sealing, interlocking brick pavers and modular retaining wall systems, I am always learning new ideas, products, and techniques that will improve the performance of brick paver patios, sidewalks, and driveways. I have spent over 2/3rds of my life in the brick paver industry and I am always challenged by the improving products and paver installation techniques. Only historical performance of paving stones and landscape blocks can be used to set the standards for brick paver design & paver installation methods.

I will continue my posts on the Steps of Installing Brick Pavers in the coming months. The next post will be on the "Bedding Course & Screeding" step of installing brick pavers. Think Spring! and I will post soon after the holidays!